What fun it is to be a part of the crowd on Park City’s historic Main Street each Miners’ Day for the Running of the Balls – a cause-based event to benefit our community’s nonprofits with proceeds going back to nonprofits here in Park City.
Patterned after the fabled Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain, the Miners’ Day event is a little safer with yellow golf balls replacing the bulls.
Here’s how it works is. Anyone can ‘adopt’ a ball for just $5, or five balls for $20. When the balls are released at the top of Main Street, they are tracked down their route and the first balls through the chute will win their owners valuable prizes, such as season ski passes, hotel stays, dinners and many other great donated prizes. There will be dozens of other prizes awarded for close finishers.
Thanks to Park City Chief of Police Wade Carpenter for overseeing the close race to the finish for nearly 10,000 balls.
This much anticipated event is sponsored by the Park City Rotarians and benefits other charity projects. Adopt a “Ball” and enjoy the fun… it’s for a great cause!
Running of the Balls
- Nearly 10,000 balls will roll down historic Main Street at 10:30 a.m., with the parade to follow.
- The Running of the Balls location is on the middle of upper Main Street, finishing near the Post Office.
- Adopt a ball for just $5, or five balls for $20. Ask about special rates for $100!
- Winners will be posted in City Park by the Coke booth next to the band stand and on the Park City Miners’ Day website.
Where to Buy?
- Buy balls from any member of Park City Rotary Club
- Balls will also be sold right on historic Main Street on Miners’ Day
- Purchase at Park Silly Sunday Market on August 24 and 31 leading up to Miners’ Day