Fun and funky, the annual Miner’s Day parade down historic Main Street attracts marching bands and community floats as Park City celebrates its mining heritage. Put your blanket down on the curb with the kids and be ready for the fun. The parade begins around 11:00 a.m., just after the annual Running of the Balls down Main Street. The parade route runs the length of Main Street, before skipping over to Park Avenue and on down to City Park.
Parade Participant Information
If you’re in the Miners’ Day parade, please become familiar with the parade rules and be there on time for the lineup in Swede Alley.
Want to be in the parade?
The parade is open to all. Entries for Park City’s annual Miners’ Day Parade on Monday, Sept. 3 are now open. It will be the 121st running of the community’s historic parade down Main Street to City Park. It’s all a part of the Park City Rotary Club’s Miners’ Day Festival. The parade is open to all from politicians to non-profits, commercial companies to individuals – even dogs!
Parade entry fees range from free for individuals up to $100 for companies with 11 or more employees. Non-profit or non-commercial organizations are free. Entries are accepted up to Friday, August 31. Simply complete the online Miners’ Day Parade Registration form.
MINERS’ DAY PARADE RULES
On behalf of the PARK CITY ROTARY CLUB, we are excited to have you and your friends and family join in this year’s MINER’S DAY PARADE and FESTIVITIES. Please find the following guidelines which must be followed for a safe and fun experience for all.
1. Please arrive by 10:00 am to line-up on Swede Alley. Arriving after this time will make it difficult to get to your place. The smaller your entry number, the earlier you should be arriving. (example: Entry 5 at the top of Swede should not be arriving at 10 am. You may have to be repositioned to the back of the parade.)
2. Judging will begin promptly at 10:30. We are unable to judge entries that are not present and ready.
3. Arrival and drop off. No vehicle will be permitted on Swede Alley that is not the parade entry itself. No double parking please! Entries only may access Swede Alley via one lane access off of Deer Valley Drive. This will be a designated bus lane. Again parade entries only. Participants who do not arrive on the float vehicle may be dropped at the top of China Bridge to walk to Swede Alley. There is no vehicle entry to Swede from China Bridge. Participants may also take the bus from the free parking at the Park City High School to the transit center for drop off.
4. Parking can be done in China Bridge from the Marsac side. Arrive early as parking is limited. Again, there is no entry to or from China Bridge from Swede Alley. China Bridge may only be entered or exited from Marsac.
5. Check-in for your parade position at the Parade Official’s table located on Swede Alley to receive a number designation for your entry. Park within that number designation on the street. Each entry is spaced based on the description given on their submitted application. DO NOT OVERLAP OTHER ENTRY NUMBERS!! If you did not specify length or size on your application and are overlapping another entry, contact Heidi Hewitt 435-901-4068 to adjust your space before parade day. On parade day see Heidi at the top of Main and Swede immediately upon check in.
6. Tape your parade entry number to the middle of your car, float, entry or corner of banner for the ease of announcers and judges. Announcing occurs from the Deck at 505 Main Street and again at the 9th avenue turn.
7. Parade begins at 11:00 am, rain or shine right after the flyover. (Pending completed track removal)
8. The parade route is down Main Street, turning left on 9th Avenue, then right onto Park Avenue. Participants are not permitted to stop for performances as gaps in the parade floats cause hazards. Please keep moving to avoid pile ups and gaps. The parade ends on Park Avenue past the entrance to City Park. All parade entries MUST continue down Park Avenue. You can NOT enter City Park. You may drop off at 7-11 and will only be allowed 30 seconds to disembark. Please know where and how your participants are meeting up with their friends and family members. Those who do not disembark the entry will be required to sit down on their floats and slowly and cautiously ride to where they are going to fully disembark.
9. NO alcohol allowed, either in or on parade floats and entries.
10. NO items may be “thrown” from any float, person, walker, vehicle or parade entry. NO exceptions. Approved items may be “handed” to spectators only – in direct hand-to-hand fashion. Approved items could include flyers, coupons, small logoed items, small candies, sealed bottles of water. Violators will be stopped by the Park City Police Department officers and asked to leave the parade route immediately. ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
11. NO water devices such as squirt guns, water pistols, water balloons will be allowed, either in or on parade entries. 12. Children MUST be under adult supervision at all times. Children and Adults should not be in front of their moving vehicle entry at any time. 13. Please pick-up all trash created by you on Swede Alley, the parade route and in the area you tear-down your float/entry.